It is known that users can have problems with communicating with an ECU after setting up a new PC, Upgrading to Windows 7 and 10 or following a number of recent Windows Updates. These issues often come from the Windows Firewall and Advanced Security - This is especially the case where settings are managed by a Company's Network Group Policy.
Please see steps below to resolve the majority of Firewall based Connection Issues.
Note: Through following these steps you will be disabling the Public Firewall which could put your PC at risk of a network attack. Please remember re-enable the Firewall to ensure your connections are secure.
1. Run Microsoft Management Console (mmc.exe)
2. Go to File > Add/Remove Snap-In…
3. Choose “Group Policy Object Editor”, Click Add >, Finish, OK.
4. Go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security – Local Group Policy Object.
5. Click Windows Firewall Properties.
6. Go to Public Profile. Set Firewall State to Off (Mine was set to Not Configured).
7. Click Apply then OK.
James Bracken BEng (Hons)
If you still have issues connecting after following these steps, please contact a Pectel Support Representative.
Thanks and kind regards,
Senior Applications Engineer
HiL Group and RCA
T: +44 (0) 1954 253749
M: +44 (0) 7775 028513