getboost
I have a SQ6 (Turbo 11.11.1) that I'm trying to read the CAN Datastream from.  I'm using a Race Technology CAN interface and an Arduino CAN-BUS device with MCP2515 CAN controller and MCP2551 CAN transceiver.  CAN Port 1 Mode is set to "PI_OMEGA_FULL_LNK".

 I am able to correctly read most of the channels listed in the "SQ6(M) Pi Omega CAN datastream.pdf".  I'm not seeing any frames TX_FRM_40, TX_FRM_48, or TX_FRM_58 being transmitted though.  I would like to monitor the Lambda, inj_m_lambda, t_inj_total, and a_ign_total channels provided in these frames.  I don't have any CAN ID mask/filter set (I'm able to see the other frames fine). What can cause the SQ6 to not transmit these?
Quote 0 0
adamw
It works for me, I dont think there is any way for it not to be transmitted, I tried setting the "CAN TX Frame Mask" to see if that had any influence but it doesnt appear to.  Here's what I get output when set to "PI_OMEGA_FULL_LNK" (im on 11.23 firmware).  "AD Dest" is the ID in hex in this screenshot by the way...


I would be pretty dubious about the Arduino based on my experience, im not sure if it is the hardware or poorly written libraries or my probably bad "trial and error" code but most that I have played with I always seem to have to jump through hoops to get them to "see" all frames.  I have played with basic micros like the uno with a MCP2515 and thinking it was too under powered, moved to more powerful micros like the ESP32 with builtin CAN controllers with similar results.   Do you have a more commercial CAN sniffer that you can use to confirm those frames really arent there?
Quote 0 0
RobF
getboost wrote:
I have a SQ6 (Turbo 11.11.1) that I'm trying to read the CAN Datastream from.  I'm using a Race Technology CAN interface and an Arduino CAN-BUS device with MCP2515 CAN controller and MCP2551 CAN transceiver.  CAN Port 1 Mode is set to "PI_OMEGA_FULL_LNK".

 I am able to correctly read most of the channels listed in the "SQ6(M) Pi Omega CAN datastream.pdf".  I'm not seeing any frames TX_FRM_40, TX_FRM_48, or TX_FRM_58 being transmitted though.  I would like to monitor the Lambda, inj_m_lambda, t_inj_total, and a_ign_total channels provided in these frames.  I don't have any CAN ID mask/filter set (I'm able to see the other frames fine). What can cause the SQ6 to not transmit these?


What have you got the Omega Extension level set too in your dataset?

If set to Level 2 it will remove a selection of those frames described above. Make sure it is set as Level 1.

Capture.png 
Quote 0 0
getboost
RobF wrote:


What have you got the Omega Extension level set too in your dataset?

If set to Level 2 it will remove a selection of those frames described above. Make sure it is set as Level 1.

 


That was it!  Omega Extension Level was set to Level 2.  After switching it to Level 1, all those missing frames appeared.  Thanks for your help!!!
Quote 0 0
getboost
adamw wrote:
It works for me, I dont think there is any way for it not to be transmitted, I tried setting the "CAN TX Frame Mask" to see if that had any influence but it doesnt appear to.  Here's what I get output when set to "PI_OMEGA_FULL_LNK" (im on 11.23 firmware).  "AD Dest" is the ID in hex in this screenshot by the way...


I would be pretty dubious about the Arduino based on my experience, im not sure if it is the hardware or poorly written libraries or my probably bad "trial and error" code but most that I have played with I always seem to have to jump through hoops to get them to "see" all frames.  I have played with basic micros like the uno with a MCP2515 and thinking it was too under powered, moved to more powerful micros like the ESP32 with builtin CAN controllers with similar results.   Do you have a more commercial CAN sniffer that you can use to confirm those frames really arent there?


Thanks for testing it out, my issue was caused by the incorrect Omega Extension Level as mentioned above.  The commercially packaged product I'm using is the Race Technology CAN interface, that integrates with my Dash2 and DL1 logger. It's very flaky and unable to capture at the frequency transmitted by the SQ6.

I'm making a couple of OLED gauge pods to run off the Arduino and so far it's seems promising after some hiccups. The SparkFun CAN-BUS shield I'm using is made for the UNO, so I had to physically remove the SPI pins and add jumper wires to the correct location on the Mega. Lots of issues using the SparkFun library, so I switched to the Seeedstudio library, and then the modified "MCP_CAN Libary" from coryjfowler. With ID Frame Mask and Filter, and using interrupts, it's been working very well in for the intended gauge role.
Quote 0 0
RobF
getboost wrote:


That was it!  Omega Extension Level was set to Level 2.  After switching it to Level 1, all those missing frames appeared.  Thanks for your help!!!


No problem, let us know if you need any further assistance!
Quote 0 0